Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Monday, April 16, 2012

On the Weekend

It feels like we have officially turned the corner to spring around here and I must say I am beyond thrilled.  We had a tease a few weeks ago with some really warm weather then it got cold again (classic Maine).  It's been slowly warming up, but ahhhhh this weekend I felt it and I could smell it in the air.
I'm loving this forsythia as I always do in the spring, though after blooming this year it's got to be cut back and moved.  Planting between the porch and the garden path we built a few years ago seemed like a perfect idea at the time.  However as my wili-nili gardening self has learned, it's just too darned big.


 Saturday Molly and I went out with my mom and aunt for a very special lunch and mani-pedi just to celebrate that we are women, something we really need to do more!
I'm looking forward to planting in and around this wall we built last year to really make it feel like home.
Of course there was baseball practice, so yard work, general house cleaning, Molly had a sleepover with one of her best girl friends (it's April vacation for them) and yesterday I went to work and helped once again with that amazing process of birthing (I do love it so).

Looking forward to another gorgeous day around here, perhaps a trip to the beach is in order...
How was your weekend?

linking with the lovely Amanda today.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I love the toes! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll grab my beach bag and meet you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that rock wall! and the forsythia! so pretty and we don't see it much down here.

    i agree, lunch with mamas and aunts and grandmothers and daughters...such a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to some ocean breezes in my future :) Love the manicures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your forsythia is just beautiful! Glad that spring has made its way to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forsythia is one of my favourite Spring blossoms!
    Wonderful pedis. I always feel good when I I paint my toenails :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have inspired me...Time for new flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, and I made Auntie Angie's Energy Bars over the weekend and I love 'em!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!