Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Monday, July 2, 2012

weekend sewing

As I mentioned previously the kids are away and I have been working a bit of extra at the hospital (lots of babies and mamas to care for).  Camp care packages have been mailed, and  I did manage to find time to make a little something for my sweet niece's 1st birthday.



 Miss Hen and her chicks!  So stinkin' cute! From Amy  Butler's Handmade Beginnings, I love her style and this toy couldn't be more perfect for a child this age; little velcro wings on the baby birds that attach to mama behind her wings!  Melt my heart I say!

Of course when you are one opening a bunch of gifts is of little to no interest.  I think the highlight of the day for this little gal was sitting and playing with gravel rocks!  I was inspired for future craft ideas and reminded just how beautiful these little beings are s I watched her pick up one rock at a time and carefully place it on onto one of the walkway pavers. So much learned from such simplicity  Oh I do love this little girl and cherish having her in my life.

How was your weekend? Linking with the lovely Amanda.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the mama hen and her chicks! and your fabric choice is perfect. what a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hen and the chicks, that is so creative and fun! You are such a seamstress!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable. I love the fabric you selected. I love toys that have mother and velcro-ed babies! Hmmm. Now you have inspired me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chicks are too cute. I seriously have to make this...I think I even own that book...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!