Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Perfect Day

For a journal writing assignment today I asked the kiddos to write about their perfect fall day; what it would involve, who would be there, be descriptive I said.  Of course this assignment made me think of what my perfect day would be (and also that I should have my own journal going).  As I walked around snapping photos it became obvious that I was in fact smack dab in the middle of a "perfect day".
There are pumpkins from our little garden (only 2 but they are gorgeous).
 The boy silently day dreams while he works on writing...How can one not day dream on such a beautiful day really?

 The hubs is taking a few Wednesdays off to get some projects finished up before the inevitable Maine cold is upon us and it is truly a joy to have him around.  He proudly sports the corduroy heart patch that I insisted on to make his pants last just a wee bit longer.   And though the kids are a bit distracted at the unusual sight of dad and during our school day we are loving it.


 I'm just giddy about the fall lettuce in one of the beds, and a few peas sprouting up.  I've never attempted fall peas and honestly don't know if it will work, but the idea is fun.


The sun was warm, the  September flowers are in bloom, my family is around me and busy working in and around our home...really I couldn't ask for a more perfect day.  I can't help but smile as I soak it all in.

What is your perfect fall day?



3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I think I'm going to try that one with the girls today :) Wonder what they will come up with :)
    Fall peas sound like a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pumpkins are amazing! Those tomaotes look gorgeous too. Autumn is such a beautiful time of year. My favourite thing of all is watching the trees change daily colour. Takes my breath away. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!