Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Far Off Adventures and More Sewing

Yesterday found us leaving our sweet girl at the airport to fly to Georgia with her grandpa.  She's been very excited to take this solo trip for a while now and as much as I miss her already I know she is having a blast and enjoying every bit of her time there.  We got a call saying they had arrived safely and were waiting for her grandmother last night; and today as the boy and I enjoy some one on one time in front of the fire on this chilly fall day in New England I'm guessing she is lounging poolside and feeling pretty "terrifical" as she would say.
Have fun my sweet girl...please stop growing so fast.

As for the KCWC  I managed to get these pants finished for the boy, though he needs about three more pair to combat his current growth rate.








I've been saving this fine brown corduroy for a while, the original plan was to make myself a skirt, and there may still be enough left.  The pattern is my go-to for pants for him right now.  Heather Ross' pajama pants from Weekend Sewing.  He likes the ease of pull on pants and I like the ease of making them.  I added front pockets and a side pocket all lined with fabric from his kindle case and some bright green thread just cuz. I also threw in a loop for carrying tools, swords and the like.  He is loving them and and so far they have passed the climbing test with flying colors!
Another successful day of the challenge! 
Unfortunately the housekeeping that is being ignored for this challenge is calling my name right now.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, our one day of cool weather came and went and we are back to pool/beach weather. I am glad your girl is getting to spend some one on one time with her grandparents, and happy for them too.
    Enjoy this time with your son and of course housework should wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pants! I'm going to participate in KCWC one of these years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!