Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Morning sewing...

I managed to get my self out of bed a bit earlier this morning so that I could get a few projects out of the way.  It seems that with all the chaos lately I haven't found time to get things finished, or started even.  So I started off with this sweet little earbud case from dog under the desk.
Can you stand the cuteness!  This sweet little ditty whipped up in no time and Molly is thrilled to take it to Georgia next week.  The Georgia trip is what started it really.  I am planning to make her the two zip hipster to take on the plane (perfect size for kindle, iPod and a book I figure), but when I found this free tutorial I couldn't resist giving it a try (much easier than the bag). 
Well this project was so quick I decided I'd let the girl continue sleeping a wee bit longer and let the boy keep playing with blocks while I finally got around to making him a kindle case.


I've been promising him this simplicity for a while now and it took no time at all.  I am thinking about putting together a tutorial in case other folks are looking for something similar.  He is thrilled with the result and Molly has put her order in of course.  That's the morning sewing I got in...how exciting is that?   There is much to be done around the house and I'll get to that...but for now, while the kids are busy with math I'm going to squeeze myself between the two of them on the couch and finish a tank top from Alabama Studio Sewing + Design that I started a while ago.  How was your morning?  Any sewing or stitching of another kind?
  I keep wondering as the weather turns chillier when a real knitting bug will strike, but for now it's still the sewing bug for me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those are really nice! I have got to practice my sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me with your sewing skills!! Love the little zipper pouchy thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you for getting these projects done! Love, love, love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly gorgeous! I would totally use something like this myself. It actually reminds me of Orla Kiely's designs...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!