Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

handwork aka any excuse to knit

Handwork is something that can be very relaxing and rewarding at the same time.  We've been working on several afternoon knitting projects.  Corey is still trying to get the hang of things, I'd love to see him finish a little something so that he could see the reward.  It seems to turn into an entire story while hes knitting.  The rhyme "under the fence, catch the sheep, back we come, and on we leap" for casting on turns into a very entertaining adventure, I suppose I should be recording him.
Molly actually learned how to knit in the round yesterday (something she's been wanting to do for a while).  In an afternoon she made this lovely little neck gator to keep her a little extra warm in the cold Maine snow.

I've been very busily knitting lately working on projects for our adorable little nephew Charlie and the new baby being born any day now to close friends in VT.
baby legwarmers (will look much cuter on)

man vest for Charlie


hand warmers for Greg

The legwarmers are a design I came up with myself, I can't wait to see them on the baby, just laying there flat does not do them justice.  I knit them with Malabrigo super wash which is officially my favorite yarn to knit with right now! I'm hoping to come up with a sweet little dress to go with the legwarmers before we head over to Vermont next weekend...stay tuned...
The "man vest" is from a great website petitepurls.com I've just discovered this great link to amazing FREE baby/child knitting patterns!  I had so much fun knitting up this little cutie and and can't wait to see it on the little man! (I'll be sure and post pictures).
Finally, the hand warmers that Miss Molly has commandeered were knit over the weekend for Greg and his cold hands.  I thought the fingerless option would be great for working on the computer and even playing guitar.  Now if only Molly will take them off so he can try them out!
Until next time, I encourage everyone to find a little time for handwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!