Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny again this week for the yarn along.
In the knitting department I've started work on the stella pixie hat for a friends baby (No I haven't finished Molly's sweater, but I can't resist starting something new).  I'm using zauberball crazy sock yarn purchased at Halcyon, what fun I can't wait to see it on a baby head!
As for reading I've started the much talked about Dirty Life by Kristen Kimball and I love it.  Some have found her musings a bit offensive, but it doesn't bother me I find it quite enjoyable and humorous.  I've also been looking through one of my hospital booksale finds Country Women a handbook for the new farmer.  Another book I got for a dollar.  I love book sales, this one is full of just about everything I need to know about farming, what a steal!
I can't wait to see what others are knitting this week, fun!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Angie, that yarn is great and will look so cute on a baby! I have got to get a copy of The Dirty Life since I keep hearing how good it is. Enjoy your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I SO love that yarn! I think I am going to have to make that hat too. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yarn and the hat is going to be so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that sock yarn is awesome! I think you showed it a little while ago...but I think it will be great in a hat! Fun!!
    Book sales might just be my biggest weakness. Two years ago I was actually considering heading out to my favourite spring sale two days after Simon was born...I missed it then but won't be missing it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn is so much fun!! I think the name of it says it all :). I actually just received a whole box of books from my MIL that she's getting rid of, books with Barbara Kingsolver, Mitch Album, it's crazy!! Not that I don't have enough to read already. Such is the plight of bibliophiles, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yarn is unreal. So pretty! And I want to check out the "new farmer" book you mentioned.
    Sounds awesome!! You are the second blogger today I've heard say that some people find the Kimball book offensive...have to find out why that is!!! Been wanting to read it for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yarn is lovely. Can't wait to see the pixie hat. It is such a cute pattern. I have contemplated making it for Jairah. Book sales are so much fun. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours in that yarn!
    I love book sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hat! It will be adorable in that yarn, so bright and colorful!

    I'm finishing some knee socks from a Knitter's Brewing Company Mystery Sock knit-along, and have been reading "Wicked".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!