Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yarn Along

Haven't been in a while but today I'm joining the yarn along over at Ginny's blog.  Such a fun little community that I love to visit.
I just got Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day,  I'm excited to give it a try.  A friend at work has been using their other book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.  I had read this recipe in Mother Earth News a while back and now I'm really looking forward to seeing how it goes.  The idea is basically no need, you make a mega batch (to last about a week) and every day you break off a piece and let it rest and bake....I'll let you know how it turns out for sure.
On the knitting side I'm actually knitting a sweater for myself!  Something I just don't do and I'm thrilled about.  It's the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.  I've had this Malabrigo silky merino forever with plans to make a tea leaves sweater for myself someday, but somehow I've ended up going this route instead.  It's such a yummy yarn to knit with, and I love the color.  I've actually got two dye lots so I'm alternating between them.   Working out perfect with the natural variation in the yarn color. 
Thanks to Ginny for hosting.
Heading out to see what everyone else is up to.

16 comments:

  1. Oh please let me know how yo like the book Angie. I have the Artisan book, but have wanted to get my hands on the healthy version for awhile now.
    Congratulations on knitting something for you and that yarn....drool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check out that bread book, making bread each day is something I've been thinking of trying for a while. Love the colour of that sweater too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn looks beautiful. Great choice of pattern too, I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not usually a yellow lover, but that color is beautiful. I'm also knitting the hourglass sweater but it's been on the back burner for quite awhile. Got that book from the library - it's just as good as their first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful yummy yarn - and I have the Artisan book, I'll have to look for the other one. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious looking yarn to go along with all that delicious bread you will be making. My daughter uses one of those books alot--and she always has yummy homemade bread when we go to visit!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat book and shade or orange! I am not knitting this week sadly, but I am quilting a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yarn is going to lovely in that pattern! I love the waist shaping which is lacking in the tea leaves cardigan ( which I knit in Oct). Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour of your wool too - just lovely. And I really like the sound of the bread, can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see how your bread turns out! Do stop by and let me know how it works for you, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My MIL has their other book and I've been curious to try it (she hasn't used it at all). Looking forward to hearing more about it!
    I'm so excited for YOUR sweater. The wool looks dreamy and colour is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love baking bread (and eating it too!) but i've been off it for a few months now, i miss it so. i've heard this book is really good, and i have used that technique with sucess before!

    love your sweater, and that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that yarn!
    I'm going to have to go check out that bread book! tassajara bread book has been my go to bread bible the past four years or so, so i'm always looking for some new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the hourglass, it has slipped my mind... beautiful orangy yarn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tip about the bread, off to check that out!
    And that yarn-gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo, I love Malabrigo Silky and I LOVE that orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!