Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Keeping Up With This Boy

Some days I just have to giggle a bit as I watch this boy throughout his day.  He's up long before the girl, smile on his face ready to start the day.  First off is a quick round of breakfast, usually a bowl of cold cereal or sometimes oatmeal.  Nothing too big, he will have several more breakfasts you know, after all he is a hobbit! It has become so clear to me as an adult how Tolkien modeled those little hobbits after sweet young children.
Yesterday I was thinking about all of this and started snapping pictures...He just reminded me of himself at 3, in the standard school uniform happily playing all by himself.  There was commentary of course, but not for my benefit, he was clearly wrapped up in his own play.
Before I knew though he was done.  Cars were tossed back into a basket and he was busy with some art-work.  Not just any art work mind you, this is the Crest that is going onto something he is building for his friend, He's very excited and proud.

Check out these oil pastels, found them in a bit of cleaning in the attic recently, They were Greg's and he's pretty sure he wasn't much older than Corey when his parents bought them for him!  Yup his mom saved everything!  He has such great memories from childhood thanks to that.
Anyway, back to this busy boy.  After the crest was done he started in knitting!  I'm not kidding!  This is all one morning:)  He is working on a mace to go with the birthday present.  His mace will be much gentler than a real medieval mace, it will be knitted and stuffed with wool as to not hurt anyone.  He got the idea for the ball part from Toymaking with Children .  Of course he's not following the pattern (this boy doesn't have time for a pattern) just a general idea.  By the way, if you haven't seen this book and you have a small children it is absolutely worth checking out, such a fantastic book! I got so much inspiration when the kids were young, and now they are using it!

 OK, are you keeping up with this boy?  See what I mean?  Next he was off to play with a bit of Lego Harry Potter.  Did I mention he's had audio Harry Potter on the iPod in the back ground this whole time?  He's pretty much got these books memorized and has recently been on a kick of listening to them on audio.  For a while I had to put them in the "vault" so we could read a few other things, but alas we are listening again.

Eventually he got his sister to play some ping pong on the craft/work table for a bit.  I did have to put a stop to it so we could have lunch and finally do a bit of schoolwork.  Another fun chemistry experiment that I'll save for another post.
Keeping up with this sweet boy of mine no doubt is busy work, but work that I love and work that I am so grateful to have...I am truly blessed.

13 comments:

  1. Oh your are Angie! I think your Corey and my Alex would have a great time together, their personalities are very similar!
    Have a happy groundhog day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear. This is so sweet! How old is this precious little boy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a two year old boy which makes your sons schedule seem almost lethargic as only a two year old attention Span could do. I laugh because I read your post and thought, oh good, you mean they slow down! Hee Cute post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! That's a good point, they are spinning at two, so I guess they do slow down a bit.

      Delete
  4. Boy he jammed pack his day, didn't he? Harry Potter is such a good read, never thought to listen as well! Great lego display-our son did the same, way back when.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my kids also eat many breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. that lego harry potter set looks rad (and expensive). and i love the man who reads the potter books on audio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so beautiful! What an awesome tribute to your kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found you... glad I did. seems like you are doing a good job mama.... providing such great resources for this lovely boy... and I'm sure for his sister too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, he reminds me of my own busy red headed boy. :) They'd make GREAT friends. How old is your boy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. love. all of it. Especially the pj's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a boy here who would love to keep up with Corey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This boy has got one wonderful, free life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!