Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yarn Along

'Tis the season for knitting I guess, joining the Yarn Along again this week.  Nothing feels better some days than sitting next to the wood stove and knitting (with the smell of fresh baking bread of course).

I still haven't made any more progress on my own sweater, but I will, that yarn will be lovely in the spring I'm sure.  Right now I'm making up another Milo vest, this time for a special friend who's turning 5 very soon. 
I'm using some knit Picks Wool of the Andes from my stash that I've had forever (trying hard for the 2012 stash-busting challenge).  He's quite the adventure driven soul so I'll be calling this one some sort of magical Elvin tunic to make is special just for him.  I'm in love with the avocado color and wondering if it would be worth making my boy one to match.  Seams easy enough to make the pattern bigger, the question is will my boy actually wear it???  Maybe on Elvin adventures in the forest???
As far as reading, no new exciting book for me, I've been doing my usual perusing through a few that I have on the kindle reader on my computer.  The Unschool Unmanual, Unschooling Rules and Back to Basics: Raising Self Sufficient Kids.  Honestly don't have an opinion either way on any of these books as I've just started looking through so I'd love to hear what folks who've read them think.

Thanks to Ginny for hosting as always.

12 comments:

  1. I just read The Unschooling Unmanual and found it to be a reassuring vignette of what unschooling can look and feel like. We are not homeschoolers (yet!) but I have been busy reading and researching all about it before we embark on that journey. Lovely little vest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty knitting Angie. I knit the same pattern for the wee one here, but like you saw, we have't had any weather to wear it!
    You are more than welcome to come sit in the sun with me, drink tea and knit the day away while the children roam around and explore the property! I would enjoy the company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Milo! What a bright, cheery colour!

    I haven't read any of those but I want to read 'Back to Basics' - I'm looking forward to reading your impressions of it… xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Milo and what a cheerful color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is indeed the season for knitting. Love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is coming along nicely, I love the color, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of those books...although that Back to Basics: Raising Self-Sufficient Children book sounds interesting. I love the knitting pattern your using too...it's coming out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a sweet sweater - I also like the avocado color. The unschooling books look interesting - we didn't go this route when we homeschooled but I'm very curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made two Milo vests in worsted weight yarn - one for my 3.5 yr old and one for my almost 7yr old. They each love them. That avocado color is really nice. I bet he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have also wanted to make a Milo vest...but the queue is a long and winding one, so we shall see. I have that book from where your sweater is coming from and so now I shall go have a peek at it. Happy week to you:)
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious about your books. I just figured out after 19 years of home-schooling that I'm an un-schooler!! Go figure...

    Love the cable on your Milo!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!