Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

It's so peaceful and quite right now as I sit here browsing blogs.  The birds chirp softly outside, the children are still asleep in their beds after a long fun filled weekend away and I am savoring a cup of coffee before the storm begins.  This week will be hectic, there is much to do.  I need to finish a Mei Tai carrier for a baby shower this weekend, make this for Miss Molly as promised, not to mention about 6 other sewing projects I want to get finished before we fly to ST Simon's Island a week from today.  Of course there is school work to be done and a whole lot of cleaning (surprise surprise).  So for now I am enjoying the calm, breathing slow and deep and making that mental check off list for the days ahead. 
How's that for glorifying procrastination:)
Here are some wonderful pictures of our day yesterday in Tamworth NH with our favorite friends:
the girls checking out the swirl factor on the skirts I made them (should I post a tutorial?)



they all have too much fun on the zip line
a trail through the woods


a very cold river


dares to jump in

a helping hand through the strong spring current

really thinking about jumping in

he did it!  All the way under!

the gang
This silly group has known each other since Corey and Molly were 2 and 3 years old, before the twins were even born 6 years ago.  Their friendship is strong, imaginative and wonderful.  Mamas do much crafting together, dads play much guitar,  we are so lucky to have them in our lives. 

7 comments:

  1. So wonderful to have close family friends. We still haven't found our local ones yet, but have them 1500 miles away. Such treasures!

    Best of luck to you as you ready for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have such friends! You do have a lot on your to do list, I am worn out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! I was hoping you'd made those skirts - they are sooo sweet! Yes please for a tutorial!
    I love the Molly dress and the carrier looks fantastic. Make sure you show a pic of yours when it finished!
    Enjoy the quiet and busy moments leading up to your trip next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful friendship. Those are hard to come by for sure. And that zipline!! I want one!!! Good luck getting all your things done before your wonderful trip--yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twirly skirts, zip lines and jumping in rivers! That is pretty awesome. I have two boys so not much skirty sewing going around here but I'd still love to read a tutorial. I could make one for me of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kids look like they have had the best time. The water is so clear. I would be tempted to jump in too, if I wasn't such a wimp in my older age! I love the skirts. There always seems to be lots to do before going away. Hope you get it all sorted and enjoy your time away. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all looks so fun and how amazing to have friends that you've known forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!