Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

yarn Along

Once again joining the small things yarn along.
As far as knitting goes I've finished my little hat and leg warmers, and yesterday I decided I should work on some things for the little etsy store I've started.  My next projects for the shop are some little knitted farm animals.  I guess I'm wishing they were real:)  I went up to Romney Ridge Farm to pick up some of her hand dyed worsted weight yarn in sweetheart; just perfect for pigs and piglets!  I'm thinking about a felted barn to carry all the animals around...
In the reading realm I finished The Dirty Life this week and loved it.  I now have this strange urge to drive over to upstate New York and visit Essex Farm.  I've looked and they don't have a website, but I did find this fun article from Seven Days a little free Vermont paper I've always loved.  Last night I borrowed and started A Natural Sense of Wonder (Connecting Kids with Nature through the Seasons by Rick Van Noy.  As I said I've only just started, but so far so good, it appears as though there is a more hands-on approach in this book.  It's funny that we even need such books in our lives, but this is the culture that we have become.  I'm sure I'll have lots to say next week when I've had time to dive in.  In the mean time looking forward to seeing what other folks have been up to. 
Thanks to Ginny for hosting.

11 comments:

  1. That book likes it would be right up my alley! I'll certainly have to look for a copy. So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all books helping reconnect us with Nature's Seasons, but haven't seen this one. Thanks for the tip!

    P.S. If I ever left Seattle, I'd go to Maine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute piglets :) any really nice shade of pink for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a felted barn for your barn animals is a wonderful idea! The pink yarn for little pigs is perfect and how nice that you get to drive to the source!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean by this culture we've become... Silly.

    Love the pigs!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to see these piggies!! Sounds like an great new book - I'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

    Happy Wednesday, dear Angie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we have much in common today:) check out my knitted animals in their barn:)
    http://bendingbirches2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. how sweet! i can make out the shape of a pig there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the sound of that book!! I can't wait to hear more about it! And the pink for your piggies is very pretty! Perfect for a pig ;). Good luck with your new etsy store!! Your animals are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea - I like the barn to carry the animals around in, too! I'm glad to hear you liked The Dirty Life; I just picked it up at the library yesterday, but it has to wait a week or so because another book I picked up is a new release & so I can only have it for 14 days. I will have to add A Natural Sense of Wonder to my to-read list, too - it sounds right up my alley... xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!