Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Preparing

Molly isn't turning 11 until October 24, but her birthday sleepover party is happening tomorrow.  Anyone who's every been an 11 year old girl knows that's the real excitement, so we are preparing.
She requested a banner that says Molly that she could hang in her room after the party...easy enough.
I used an old flannel sheet for the flags, and scraps of fabric and wool from my stash.  The owls are the same pattern I used for her felted vest last winter.  She's obsessed with owls right now, so that will for sure be a theme throughout.  For her family birthday celebration she'll have pumpkin pie as always, but I think for tomorrow we should make these fun cupcakes (now to decide which ones).

Autumn flowers are blooming and this little girl is chomping at the bit to head to the craft store for a few last minute supplies!  I'll be sure and post pictures of the final fun.
Enjoy your day.

8 comments:

  1. Happy [early] birthday to Molly! I love slumber parties, staying up all night, eating, laughing!
    My third child [to me he will always be a child] turns 25 on Monday so I think I need to check out this link to cupcakes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the love of cupcakes those owls are amazing! I want to drop everything and make them now. My friend's little girl turns one on Sunday...wonder if she needs dessert??
    Happy early birthday to Molly! I loved eleven!
    Awesome banner, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful banner!!! I love the owls! Wishing Molly a very happy birthday... I can just imagine her excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that banner! Of course, you know I love the color!!! Happy Birthday, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Molly happy b-day from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (pre) birthday to your sweet Molly. She is such a doll. I hope she has a wonderful birthday. Tenneille is our owl lover in the family. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! Love the owl theme. Can't wait to see which cupcakes you made. Have a yummy, giggly time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that she's going to be 11! Hope the sleepover is lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!