Pages

WONDERFULLY CRAZY

A space where family, friends and anyone else can follow our adventures. We are a homeschooling, crafting, music-making, back-flipping wonderfully crazy family living on the coast of Maine enjoying everything life has to offer us!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yarn Along

I can't believe it's Wednesday again!  The weeks are flying by so quickly this fall.  Joining the yarn along over at smallthings again.  We've had perfect knitting weather for the last few days as it's been chilly and rainy.
I got as far as separating for the the arms on the tummy warmer vest when I realized I had misread the increase rows and had to take it out and start over!  To take a break from that I started this hat from Friends Folly Farm (thanks for the recommendation Debbie).  This is a fun knit for sure, the pattern on the top is formed by knitting triangles together.  On size 9 with malabrigo worsted it goes quickly and is easy to figure out.  Of course being that I must have several projects going at once instead of just finishing the hat I went back to try the vest a second time with much better results.  This is going to be cute for sure.
As for reading I'm still plugging away at The Quarter Acre Farm a little here and there.  Yesterday I pulled out The Nature Corner and The Harvest Craft Book, We've had both these books since Molly's first year in a Waldorf early childhood nursery.  Some how over the last couple of years we seem to have forgotten about our nature table and I think it needs to come back to our lives.
Hope that everyone is enjoying this lovely fall.
Thanks to Ginny

12 comments:

  1. The hat is so adorable Angie!! And fall always reminds me of having a nature table too, though I am terrible at keeping one. Though, I'd like to think m's shells, feathers and rocks all over the house might count, yes?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angie, sorry you had to start over with the vest, but the hat is just adorable. I need to look into the books you have pictured as I think the wee one would enjoy them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. no fun having to start over but it is going to be soooo worth it - it looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sad moment when you have to rip out knitting. But I bet your vest will be perfect the next time around! Both of your projects are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the pattern of the vest... and the hat!
    Fall is definitely inspiring me to find a place to display our nature finds again too.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starting over is not fun, but the hat 'filler' looks great! Looks like the petite purls is having computer issues right now, (can't get to the site - virus?) but so far, the vest is very very sweet. Love the citrusy color. BTW- your highlight color for the links matches the color of the vest. Did you plan it that way? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hat. Stunning colour. Sorry to hear that you had to start again. Been there done that. It's worth it in the end. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, harvest crafts, I'd love to see that one. I will have to put it on my wish list. What a bummer about have to rip you work out. I hate that! It is a sweet little pattern, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bummer. having to start over! it is really cute, it will certainly be worth it when it is done! and then you can be extra proud of it! we sorta morphed our nature table and a mindful circle time table together. only need to add a mindful bell and it will be ready for use!

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors you are using in your patterns. The hat looks really cute. So frustrating about the vest but it looks great now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. angie i needed to thank you for the adorable pattern, i was so happy to have found it and knit it up for my granddaughter. it's just darling. thank you so much.

    your new knits look so lovely, i know it'll be worth it to have gone back and redo.

    p.s. LOVE the avett brothers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our nature table needs to get revamped too. I'll have to see if our library has those books. Thanks. Beautiful knitting and too bad you had to start over. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear comments and try to answer any questions so feel free to tell me what's on your mind!